The Dairy Council has offered ads which state that diary products will build stronger bones in the elderly. The American Journal of Epidemiology found that elderly people with the highest dairy product consumption actually had double the risk for hip fracture.
& DETOX PROGRAM
FATS: THE GOOD THE BAD,
& THE UGLY
STANDARD AMERICAN DIET (S.A.D.)
CHILDREN ARE NOT HEALTHY
MAKING POSITIVE CHANGES
Some reasons why table salt should be eliminated:
* Table salt causes the blood pressure to rise rapidly because the blood is attempting to move the
toxic elements rapidly away from the heart.
* Many chronic imbalances such as diabetes, gout and obesity can be worsened by excessive
intake of common table salt.
* Not only can excessive salt consumption worsen already existing conditions, but they are also
found to cause/contribute to diabetes, cataracts, kidney stones, osteoporosis, stomach cancer,
hypertension and other heart or blood illness in humans.
* Ordinary table salt has been stripped of its minerals during processing (which would otherwise
help to balance the blood pressure) causing gross blood pressure fluctuations, instead of
* Table salt is particularly hard on both the circulatory system and nervous system.
* It also wreaks havoc on the delicate balance of the lymphatic system in the body.
* Table salt is also highly addictive; the more the body becomes used to the high levels of fake
sodium, the more it craves it.
* Table salt contains additives, which usually include:
- Ferrocyanide (toxic in its pure form, but not in the levels found in salt, but it is an additive)
- Talc ( a known carcinogen) The FDA has a special provision to allow table salt to be up to
2 % talc, even though it is prohibited in all other foods due to toxicity issues!
- Silica aluminate (Aluminum intake leads to neurological disorders, especially when no
selenium is provided to help the body to chelate it. Aluminum bio-accumulates inside the body, which causes further degeneration over time.)
* Processing salt turns it into sodium chloride, an unnatural salt the body views as a toxic invader
and cannot dispose of in a natural way, which leads to high blood pressure, irritation of the tissue,
and water/fluid retention, giving many people the feeling of being bloated.
Salt is not just what you are sprinkling on your food. Most packaged/processed foods contain astronomical amounts of salt. These preservatives can cause swelling, and over time, major kidney, thyroid and liver problems, as well as the development of goiters, hypertension, heart disease, strained elimination systems, muscle cramps, water retention, edema, stroke, heart failure, PMS, and even major nervous system disorders such as anxiety and depression.
* Salt is lurking in unsuspected places:
- Half a cup of chocolate pudding contains more sodium than three slices of bacon.
- An ounce of wheat flakes has twice as much sodium as an ounce of salted peanuts.
- Half a cup of cottage cheese has as much sodium as 32 potato chips.
- When garden peas are canned, their sodium content jumps from 2 mg. a cup to 493 mg.
- A typical serving of canned soup may contain more than 1,000 mg. of sodium, which is
about half the day's recommended amount.
AMERICANS ARE NOT HEALTHY
(OUR SEAL OF APPROVAL)
NON-FOODS & FOODS THAT CONTAIN HARMFUL INGREDIENTS
(These are usually found in non-organic food products that come in cans/boxes/packages)
* High Fructose Corn Syrup & Trans Fats/Hydrogenated Oils
* Pesticides, Herbicides, Fungicides
* Chemically Laden Additives (MSG, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein)
* Sodium Nitrates/Nitrites (especially found in non-organic hot dogs/deli meats/sausages/pepperoni)
* Preservatives and Dyes (BHA, BHT, Red #40, Blue #2, Yellow #5 & 6)
* Synthetic food dyes can cause respiratory problems
* Synthetic food dyes (even in small amounts) can bring about many behavioral problems,
especially in children, including:
- Attention deficits - Irritability
- Restlessness - Sleep disturbance
- Aggression - Hyperactivity
(The American Academy of Pediatrics’ Committee on Drugs)
For more starting information on how our children's bodies (and brains) are especially harmed from chemicals and dyes in food, please visit www.MomsOnAMission.us and click the "Get the Facts" link.
One campaignsseveral years ago said that milk helps you lose weight. The only two studies that supported this claim came from Dr. Zemel at the University of Tennessee, and he was paid $1.7 million by the Dairy Council. The other thirty-three studies conducted do not show any support that milk helps with weight loss. This was brought to court, and the Dairy Council is no longer able to make this claim.
FOR FACULTY, STUDENTS &
CONVENTIONAL (NON-ORGANIC) MEAT
(ESPECIALLY RED MEAT)
Conventional meats are usually full of:
* antibiotics * hormones * chemicals
* urine * feces * pus
* A high consumption of red meat is linked to numerous
diseases. RED MEAT FEEDS CANCER CELLS!
* The average American has 20 pounds of undigested
meat in his/her colon.
Fast foods from your local fast food chains
- Processed food loaded with calories and trans fats:
- Five Chicken McNuggets = 4 g. of trans fats
- One Krispy Kreme Doughnut = 5 g. of trans fats
- Fast Food French Fries = 6-8 g. of trans fats
- “No level of trans-fat is safe.” (National Academies of Science)
- Probably the most toxic fats ever known” (Harvard School of Public Health)
- Fat contributes to:
- Heart Disease
- Fat is the dietary substance most strongly linked to cancer
LINK BETWEEN NUTRITION
WHITE PROCESSED SUGAR
Some reasons why white processed sugar should be eliminated:
* Creates an acidic body, and disease thrives in an acidic environment!
* Ferments in the body --> Causes formation of carbonic acid --> Destroys cells -->
Causing nerve damage --> Deteriorating brain function --> Breaks down immune System -->
* Burns out adrenal glands
* Also known to cause:
Headaches, Moodiness, Exhaustion, Chronic Fatigue, Pre-Mature Aging, Hypoglycemia,
Loss of concentration, Diabetes --- AND SO MUCH MORE!
* SUGAR FEEDS CANCER CELLS AND PROGRESSES CANCER!
SODA: LIQUID CANDY & CHEMICALS
HEALTHIER FOOD SUBSTITUTES
SUGAR IS NOT SO SWEET!
Almost every disease can be linked (either directly or indirectly) to red meat or dairy products in some way!
FOODS TO AVOID
PROGRAMS FOR HEALTHCARE
BIBLICAL NUTRITION PROGRAM FOR CHURCHES
A study funded by the Dairy Council had postmenopausal women drink 3
additional 8 oz. glasses of skim milk/day. Outcome was disastrous. The women drinking the extra 3 glasses of milk were in “negative calcium balance.” (They were losing calcium faster than they were taking it in. Not so with the control group (not drinking the milk).
YOU HAVE REACHED YOUR DESTINATION: CONTACT US
FOODS TO AVOID
There are many "foods" in the Standard American Diet (S.A.D.)
that should, without question, be avoided or (at the very least) should be limited in our diet:
Some reasons why white flour products should be eliminated:
* Void of nutrition and fiber:
Half of the good essential fats, almost all of the vitamin E, 50% of all calcium, 70% of phosphorus, 80% of the iron, 98% of the magnesium, 75% of the manganese, 50% of the potassium, 65% of the copper, 80% thiamine, 60% of the riboflavin, 75% of the
niacin, 50% of pantothenic acid, and about 50% of pyridoxine is lost/destroyed in the
* Chemically bleached
This results in residual chemicals ending up in the food.
* Affects insulin levels:
In doing so, it promotes the storage of fat, leading to rapid weight gain
and elevated triglyceride levels, which can lead to heart disease. Over time, the
pancreas gets so overworked that insulin production grinds to a halt, and
hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) or diabetes sets in.
* Fuels infection and high blood sugar levels:
This, in turn, decreases immune reservoir and response.
IMPORTANCE OF ANTIOXIDANTS
ARTIFICIAL SUGAR SUBSTITUTES
Splenda, Sweet & Low, Equal, NutraSweet
(Basically anything with saccharin, aspartame, sucrolose, etc.)
Some reasons why artificial sugar substitutes should be eliminated:
* Sucrolose (Splenda) was discovered by accident during research on insecticides.
SPLENDA IS COMPARED TO A "BIOCHEMICAL WARFARE AGENT”
Our bodies do not have the metabolic machinery to breakdown such compounds…That is why they are so effective as insecticides. (-Dr. Mercola)
* Observational evidence shows that there are side effects of Splenda, including skin
rashes/flushing, panic-like agitation, dizziness and numbness, diarrhea, muscle aches, headaches,
intestinal cramping, bladder issues, and stomach pain.
* Side Effects of Aspartame can occur gradually, immediately, or can be acute.
According to Lendon Smith, M.D. there is an enormous population suffering from side effects
associated with aspartame, yet have no idea why drugs, supplements and herbs don’t relieve their
symptoms. Then, there are users who do not “appear” to suffer immediate reactions at all. Even
these individuals are susceptible to the long-term damage caused by it. Adverse reactions and
side effects of aspartame include:
- blindness in one or both eyes - pain in one or both eyes
- trouble with contact lenses - bulging eyes
- decreased vision and/or other eye problems such as: blurring, bright flashes, squiggly lines, tunnel vision, decreased night vision
- tinnitus - ringing or buzzing sound
- severe intolerance of noise - marked hearing impairment
- epileptic seizures - severe slurring of speech
- dizziness, unsteadiness, or both - confusion, memory loss, both
- severe drowsiness and sleepiness - atypical facial pain
- paresthesia or numbness of the limbs - severe tremors
- severe hyperactivity and restless legs - headaches/migraines
- severe depression - irritability - aggression
- anxiety - personality changes - insomnia
- palpitations, tachycardia - shortness of breath - high blood pressure
- nausea - diarrhea, sometimes with blood in stools
- abdominal pain - pain when swallowing
Skin and Allergies
- itching without a rash - lip and mouth reactions
- hives - aggravated respiratory allergies such as asthma
Endocrine and Metabolic
- loss of control of diabetes - menstrual changes - marked thinning/loss of hair
- marked weight loss - gradual weight gain - severe PMS
- aggravated low blood sugar (hypoglycemia)
- frequency of voiding and burning during urination
- excessive thirst, fluid retention, leg swelling, and bloating
- increased susceptibility to infection
Additional Symptoms of Aspartame Toxicity include the most critical symptoms of all:
- death - irreversible brain damage - peptic ulcers
- hyperactivity in children - severe depression - suicidal tendencies
- aggressive behavior - birth defects, including mental retardation
- aspartame addiction and increased craving for sweets
Aspartame may trigger, mimic, or cause the following illnesses:
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - Epstein-Barr - Post-Polio Syndrome
- Chronic Lyme Disease - Grave’s Disease - Meniere’s Disease
- Alzheimer’s Disease - ALS - Epilepsy
- Multiple Sclerosis - EMS - Hypothyroidism
- Fibromyalgia - Lupus - non-Hodgkins Lymphoma
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Mercury sensitivity from Amalgam fillings
These are not allergies or sensitivities, but diseases and disease syndromes. Aspartame poisoning is commonly misdiagnosed because aspartame symptoms mock textbook
"disease" symptoms, such as Grave’s Disease.
Forget “Got Milk?” A Better Motto is “Not Milk!”
- Numerous studies have proven a link between the casein protein found in all dairy products and an
increase risk for prostate, breast, ovarian, and colon cancer.
- Artificial hormones (given to dairy cows and ending up in our milk) are being linked to the rise of
premature menstrual cycles in our young American girls.
- Milk’s direct link to Type 1 Diabetes and cardiovascular disease is legendary.
- Numerous ailments are linked to milk (allergies, asthma, ear infections, etc.).
- There is no evidence that higher milk intake reduces osteoporosis or fractures. In fact:
* Studies have proven that the risk for hip fractures increased with higher milk consumption.
* Studies have found that higher calcium consumption either as milk or supplements did not
result in greater bone density.
* Despite what the Dairy Bureau wants us to believe, only 32% of the calcium in milk is
bioavailable; whereas, the bioavailability of calcium from vegetables is much higher.
- Brussels Sprouts (64%) - Mustard Greens (58%) - Bok Choy (52%)
- Broccoli (53%) - Kale (50%)
A STAPLE IN THE S.A.D.
FRUITS & VEGGIES:
WHY MORE MATTERS