MAKING POSITIVE CHANGES
FOR FACULTY, STUDENTS &
For many Americans, it is time to make a U-turn from a direction towards illness and treatment to a destination of prevention and good health by making some positive lifestyle changes.
Let us help you positively change the direction of where your health is headed. By taking baby steps and slowly making lifestyle changes, you can change the course of your health status. As the changes become permanent, you will be on your way to optimal health.
Let our team at The Highway 2 Health show you how!
YOU HAVE REACHED YOUR DESTINATION: CONTACT US
Here are some suggestions where you can begin to make some healthy changes. A more complete daily checklist is available by contacting us.
Healthy Life Style Tips:
* Choose whole foods (fruits, vegetables, whole grains (gluten-free), raw nuts and seeds, and
other things found in nature that are not processed) over packaged foods.
* Try to eat certified organic foods whenever possible (especially produce and meats).
* Strive to eat a 90% plant-based diet, (of which, approximately 75% should be raw).
* Drink water as your primary beverage. (Take your body weight, and divide it by two. That is
how many ounces of water you should strive to drink each day...more if you are an athlete).
* Eliminate trans-fats completely. (No level is safe.)
* Implement a rigorous (you should break a sweat) 30-60 minute workout at least 5 days a
week. This should include stretching, cardio, and strength/resistance exercises.
* Get adequate sleep (approx. 7-8 hours for adults; children need even more).
* Try to neutralize stress (exercise, read a good book or Scriptures, pray, tend a garden, take a
bubble bath, get a massage, do deep breathing exercises, etc.)
* Get outside regularly for moderate amount of daily sunshine. (Get 10-15 minutes per day
with at least 40 % of your body exposed), when you can, to increase your vitamin D level, or
take a pharmaceutical grade vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) supplement daily. We can recommend
a couple of brands of high-quality, highly absorbable vitamin D3 drops. Just ask us!
* Practice good oral hygiene. Brush and floss at least two times each day to decrease risk of disease.
* Eat the recommended 9-13 servings of fruits and vegetables every day to reduce the risk
of degenerative disease.
* Incorporate Juice Plus in your daily regimen (whole food nutrition in a capsule or gummy for
men, women, and children of all ages) as a “nutritional safety net” for your family. This is a very
safe, convenient, affordable way to get the whole food nutrients from 30 fruits, vegetables,
berries, and gluten-free whole grains each and every day. This is NOT a vitamin. It has a
FOOD label, NOT a supplement label. Ask us what the difference is!
For more information:
Go to: www.WholeFood4Life.net
Call: Rhode Island: (401) 640-3969 or Connecticut office: (860) 412-0304
BIBLICAL NUTRITION PROGRAM FOR CHURCHES
HEALTHIER FOOD SUBSTITUTES
PROGRAMS FOR HEALTHCARE
FOODS TO AVOID
We are what we REPEATEDLY do!
LINK BETWEEN NUTRITION
Make a U-Turn with positive lifestyle changes!
AMERICANS ARE NOT HEALTHY
STANDARD AMERICAN DIET (S.A.D.)
FRUITS & VEGGIES:
WHY MORE MATTERS
A STAPLE IN THE S.A.D.
& DETOX PROGRAM
FATS: THE GOOD THE BAD,
& THE UGLY
(OUR SEAL OF APPROVAL)
CHILDREN ARE NOT HEALTHY
IMPORTANCE OF ANTIOXIDANTS
SUGAR IS NOT SO SWEET!
SODA: LIQUID CANDY & CHEMICALS
You can’t change where
you came from, but you CAN change where you are going.