Consume LOTS of
RAW FRUITS & VEGGIES
Raw produce is loaded with anti-oxidants, fiber, live enzymes, phytonutrients/vitamins/minerals
Latest recommendations: Eat 7-13 servings per day to reduce the risk of degenerative disease.
Click below to see why:
- Replace table salt with Himalayan crystal salt or sea salt
Himalayan pink crystal salt is far superior to traditional iodized salt.
* Contains the same 84 natural minerals and elements found in the human body
* Not exposed to toxins and impurities since it has been maturing over thousands of years under
intense tectonic pressure
* Its minerals are tiny enough for our cells to easily absorb because they exist in a colloidal
* Can assist in many bodily functions (such as reducing muscle cramps, promoting blood sugar
health and promoting healthy pH in your cells)
Sea salt is also a better choice over regular table salt.
- Contains about 80 mineral elements that the body needs
- Has nutrients and minerals that help your body preserve the blood cells
Other alternatives to table salt are Kosher salt, kelp, or dulse/dulce
There are healthier substitutes for unhealthier choices. We would be happy to furnish a more detailed list at your request. E-mail us at: Michelle@TheHighway2Health.com Be sure to select “Healthy Food Alternatives” in the subject bar for your free list.
A STAPLE IN THE S.A.D.
MAKING POSITIVE CHANGES
& DETOX PROGRAM
IMPORTANCE OF ANTIOXIDANTS
FRUITS & VEGGIES:
WHY MORE MATTERS
Replace bad fats (trans-fats/hydrogenated oils/ unhealthy saturated fats) with good, essential fats (unsaturated fats/high in Omega 3's).
- Avacadoes and olives
- Coconut oil/coconut milk/coconut milk yogurt
- Seaweed, spirulina, and wakame
- Seeds (chia, flax, hemp, pumpkin, sunflower, sesame)
- Nuts and nutbutters (walnuts, almonds, cashews, hazelnuts)
- Oils (not heated) (Krill, avocado, mustard, walnut)
- Dark, green leafy vegetables (broccoli, spinach, kale, chard, collards)
- Beans (mungo beans, French beans, navy beans)
- Fresh, wild-caught fish (please choose smaller fish low in mercury)
FOR FACULTY, STUDENTS &
(OUR SEAL OF APPROVAL)
FRUITS & VEGGIES
WHY MORE MATTERS
FOODS TO AVOID
Replace sugary drinks (juice, soda. alcohol) with WATER
- Make water (preferably filtered) your first choice beverage.
- Drink ½ body weight in ounces every day
- Take a water bottle with you everywhere you go.
- Make other drinks a once-in-a-while treat rather than a daily beverage
Benefits of Drinking Water:
* Increases Energy/Relieves Fatigue * Improves Mood
* Aids Weight Loss * Flushes Out Toxins
* Improves Skin Complexion * Helps with Digestion
* Maintains Regularity * Boosts Immune System
* Helps Prevent and Treat Headaches * Prevents Cramps & Sprains
Replace caffeinated beverages with GREEN TEA
* Loaded with Antioxidants * Kills Bacteria and Inhibits Viruses
* Increases Fat Burning/Boosts Metabolic Rate * Improves Brain Function
* Improves Insulin Sensitivity/Reduce Blood Sugar Levels * Lowers LDL Cholesterol
SODA: LIQUID CANDY & CHEMICALS
Healthy Fats are important because they:
* Improve immune system * Reduce risk of disease * Maintain healthy skin
* Increase energy levels * Reduce migraines * Reduce constipation
* Satisfy the appetite, aiding in weight loss
PROGRAMS FOR HEALTHCARE
HEALTHIER FOOD SUBSTITUTES
LINK BETWEEN NUTRITION & DISEASE
YOU HAVE REACHED YOUR DESTINATION: CONTACT US
The bioavailability of calcium from vegetables is HIGHER.
(Remember only 32% of the calcium in milk is bioavailable as compared to:
- Brussel sprouts (64%)
- Mustard greens (58%)
- Brocolli (53%)
- Bok choy (52%)
- Kale (50%)
Replace red meat with poultry, fish, and vegetarian dishes high in protein.
If you want a healthier meat alternative to red meat, choose leaner meats such as turkey, chicken,
or Cornish hens.
Replace meat with fresh, wild-caught fish (Alaskan salmon, Pacific Canada and US sardines)
Replace with quinoa or legumes dishes (kidney & pinto beans, lentils, chick peas, vegetarian chili)
BIBLICAL NUTRITION PROGRAM FOR CHURCHES
SUGAR IS NOT SO SWEET!
LINK BETWEEN NUTRITION
Replace packaged/canned/boxed with
organic versions (at the very least) or whole foods (better).
* Fruits * Vegetables * Whole grains (gluten-free) * Sprouts
* Legumes (beans, peas, lentils) * Raw nuts/seeds and nut/seed butters
IMPORTANCE OF ANTIOXIDANTS
Replace white flour/pasta/rice/breads with gluten-free flour/rice/
- Ancient grains such as amaranth, quinoa, and millet are gluten-free
- Pasta made from gluten-free bean flour or gluten-free brown rice flour
- Gluten free oats
- Sorghum flour, almond flour, and coconut flour are great gluten-free flours for baking
CHILDREN ARE NOT HEALTHY
STANDARD AMERICAN DIET (S.A.D.)
Replace dairy cow products with plant-based milk alternatives
- Plant based milk (Almond milk, cashew milk, coconut milk, rice milk, oat milk)
- Coconut milk yogurt
- Coconut milk, cashew milk, and almond milk ice cream substitute
- Plant based cheese substitutes
- Goat products (yogurt, cheese, milk)
- Digests in 20 min. (vs. 6-8 hours)
- Better protein, live enzymes, and less allergies/mucus
Worried about not getting enough calcium?
1 cup of milk = 296 mg. of calcium….of which ony 32% of the calcium in milk is bioavailable
- ¼ cup of sesame seeds = 351 mg. of calcium
- 1 cup boiled spinach = 245 mg. of calcium
- 1 cup boiled collard greens = 266 mg. calcium
Replace white processed sugar and artificial sweeteners with natural sweeteners:
- Sucanat (sugar in its most natural form)
- Raw Stevia Leaf or Powder (NOT to be confused with processed Truvia and white processed Stevia):
Stevia is low glycemic herb, rich in nutrients that actually lower your blood sugar, rich in
chlorophyll, has no carbs or calories, and actually provide some health benefits.
- Brown rice syrup: contains no fructose
- Raw, organic, local honey or Manuka honey (NOT commercial honey) in small quantities is a
- Lo Han (monk fruit): Used in China for centuries to treat obesity and diabetes, is rich in
antioxidants, low glycemic, and has no calories.
- Pure maple syrup: Usually comprised of approx. 70% sucrose, with a low fructose level.
Also contain antioxidants.
- Barley malt syrup: A natural product that contains some minerals and vitamins and no
chemicals, as well as a lower glycemic index than sugar.
AMERICANS ARE NOT HEALTHY
FATS: THE GOOD THE BAD,
& THE UGLY